If you’re looking for a fantastic summer getaway, it’s hard to beat our charming Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN. Situated on the dramatic bluffs above the Mississippi River in southern Minnesota, you’ll find a fantastic range of things to do in Red Wing, MN. The scenic and historic city of Red Wing is also home to one of the best getaway destinations and Minnesota wedding venues.
Red Wing is a charming slice of the authentic Midwest. There are plenty of fantastic things to do in Red Wing, MN. More importantly, you’ll find a great destination in which you can build the kind of memorable getaway you want; one rich with authentic experiences, people, and people places.
Whether you’re coming to Red Wing to get married, attend a wedding, or just looking for a fun escape with your sweetheart, you’ll find no better place to stay than our Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN. Book your room with us today!
The Best Things to do in Red Wing, MN This Year
Authentic, charming, historic, laid-back, and beautiful – these words are often used to describe the town of Red Wing, located on the banks of the Mississippi River on the border between Wisconsin and Minnesota. At the heart of many of the best things to do in Red Wing, MN is the area’s breathtaking scenery. The town alone boasts 35 parks – an impressive statistic for such a small town!
However, the scenery is just the start of great things to do in Red Wing, MN. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite things to do in Red Wing, MN this summer.
- There’s no doubt that one of the most popular things to do in Red Wing, MN is to visit Barn Bluff, also known as He Mni Can. It’s a great place to hike, picnic, and enjoy the area’s breathtaking scenery. Another noteworthy park in Red Wing is Memorial Park, home to Sorin’s bluff.
- Spend an afternoon hiking and exploring Frontenac State Park. Here, you’ll find several great hiking trails that look out over Lake Pepin on the Mississippi River. It’s also an excellent place for birdwatching on the river!
- Go wine tasting at one of our favorite local vineyards, Falconer Vineyards. Their tasting room is beautiful, and they also have a casual vineyard bistro on site. This is one of our favorite places to send couples for their rehearsal dinners in Red Wing, too!
- If wine isn’t your thing, several fantastic Minnesota breweries and cideries are nearby, including Red Wing Brewing and several in the surrounding areas.
- If you’re looking for some evening entertainment, one of the most popular things to do in Red Wing, MN is to play games or enjoy the live entertainment at Treasure Island Casino.
- If you’ve heard mention of Red Wing before, no doubt it’s for the famous shoe brand of the same name. While you’re here, don’t miss the chance to visit the Red Wing Flagship Store and the Red Wing Shoe Museum, both top-rated things to do in Red Wing, MN.
- The area’s scenic natural beauty has inspired artists for generations, which means Red Wing is also a thriving arts destination with many festivals and events throughout the year. Popular events include the June Plein Air Festival and the October Red Wing Arts Festival.
- If you want to enjoy the scenery beyond the town, head out for a bike ride on the Cannon Valley Trail. There’s also some excellent mountain biking at Memorial Park.
- Getting out on the water, whether boating, fishing, or paddling, is one of the top-rated things to do in Red Wing, MN. We recommend Broken Paddle Guiding for paddling adventures or Hahn’s Fishing guides for trips on the Mississippi.
- There are several excellent Red Wing golf courses in the area. From Red Wing Golf Course and nearby Mississippi National Golf Links to Mount Frontenac Golf Course, it’s easy to see why teeing up and enjoying a round or two of golf is one of the best things to do in Red Wing, MN!
Best Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN
Though Round Barn Farm serves as one of the leading Minnesota wedding venues, we also operate a small, intimate Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN. While a guest here, you’ll have access to the top things to do in Red Wing, MN and be treated to an exceptionally beautiful getaway destination with exquisite hospitality.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN features just five romantic guest rooms. Two of our guest rooms are deluxe suites, which are our largest suites and can accommodate in-room massages. The other three are standard guest rooms, but all are outfitted with the same welcoming amenities and comfortable beds.
Aside from offering a wonderful place to rest your head at night, included in the cost of every stay at our Bed and Breakfast in Red Wing, MN is a delicious, multi-course breakfast each morning of your stay. Beyond that, we invite you to meander our beautiful 35-acre property and along the wooded bluff, where the tranquil solitude of this special place’ll embrace you. Book your room today!