Beer lovers have long considered the Midwest a top craft beer destination, and it’s thanks to fantastic breweries in Minnesota like Red Wing Brewing. The craft beer scene in Minnesota is spectacular, and great beer is often a feature of getaways around the state. Minnesota has well over 100 breweries, an industry with roots as far back as 1849.
Like many of the top breweries in Minnesota, Red Wing Brewing brings a tradition of small-batch brewing to southern Minnesota. This fantastic craft brewery has been open and perfecting its brews since 1951 and is a must when visiting this charming river town. As luck would have it, Red Wing Brewing is just 5 minutes from our charming Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota.
If you’re looking for a great place to retreat this winter, you’ve found it. Relax, unwind, have some fun in the snow, and make sure to savor a pint of locally brewed beer while you’re at it. There’s no better place to stay while in Red Wing than our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota. Book your room today!
Enjoy Craft Beer at Red Wing Brewing
Pick a town somewhere in Minnesota, and odds are, you’ll find a great local brewery to visit. It’s no different here in Red Wing, home to Red Wing Brewing, one of the best breweries in Minnesota. Red Wing Brewing has a long history of producing excellent craft beer along the Mississippi River.
The first Red Wing Brewery opened its doors in 1951, bringing delicious small-batch beer brewed in old-world traditions to the people of Red Wing. Eventually, it closed its doors before being revitalized and reopened in its current form as Red Wing Brewing in 2011. Like its predecessor, Red Wing Brewing is located in the town’s historic brewing district.
Like many of the best breweries in Minnesota, you can only find the delicious brews from Red Wing Brewing at its brewery location, meaning your pint of beer is going to be as fresh as it gets. They offer several year-round beers as well as some fun seasonal brews. Three of their year-round brews are fashioned after historic brands that were made locally in the 1800s. These are Remmler’s Royal Brew, Red Wing Premium Beer, and Cokins Bavarian Red Wing Beer.
Apart from serving as one of the best breweries in Minnesota, Red Wing Brewing also happens to be one of the best restaurants in Red Wing, MN. Their pizza is some of the best in town, if not the entire area of southern Minnesota.
More Great Nearby Breweries in Minnesota
We’d put Red Wing Brewing at the top of your list of breweries in Minnesota, but it’s just one of the many in the area worth visiting. There are even a few great Wisconsin breweries to visit while you’re here, given we sit right on the border between the two great beer-loving states!
Below is a list of some of the best breweries in Minnesota (and Wisconsin) worth visiting next time you find yourself at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota.
- If you’re heading to our Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota from the Twin Cities, one of the best breweries in Minnesota to visit on the way is Spiral Brewery in Hastings.
- Another of our favorite breweries in Minnesota is just downriver from us in Reeds Landing. Reeds Landing Brewing Company produces a fantastic range of beer.
- From there, head to Hoppy Girl Brewing in charming Wabasha. It’s a great spot, off the beaten path, as some of the best breweries in Minnesota are.
- About 30 minutes southwest of us, you’ll find another of the best breweries in Minnesota, South x Southeast Brewing Company.
- From there, head north to Tilion Brewing Company in Cannon Falls before returning to Red Wing.
- Though not strictly a brewery, you should absolutely stop at Maiden Rock Apples Winery & Cidery just across the border in Wisconsin!
- Another great stop to make on the Wisconsin side is Durand Brewing Company.
- Finally, head to Common Man Tap & Table – a great stop to grab a bite to eat while enjoying delicious beer across the border in Wisconsin.
Are you ready for a fantastic getaway this winter? Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast in Minnesota today!